Chen Ancestral Temple is also called Chen Clan Academy. It is located at Zhongshan 7th Road and is an important unit for the preservation of antiques. It was built in the 12th year of the reign of Emperor Guangxu (1894) with the donations of members from the Chen family who lived in 72 different counties in the Guangdong province. It used to supply accommodation for members of the Chen family who came to Guangzhou for imperial examinations. Now it is Guangdong Folk Craftwork Museum.