Asian World Heritage Image Exhibition Contribution Invited
The Asian World Heritage Image Exhibition is an important event of the Asian Culture and Tourism Exhibition under the framework of the Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations, which is launched by the Publicity Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and organized by such government departments as the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. With an aim to implement the theme “Exchange and Mutual Learning between Asian Civilizations,” the image exhibition will be staged on the sidelines of the Asian Culture and Tourism Exhibition at the National Agricultural Exhibition Center in Beijing from May 16 to 18, 2019.
The exhibition will focus on displaying high-standard photos and videos on World Cultural Heritage, World Natural Heritage and World Intangible Cultural Heritage in Asia, for the purpose of promoting cultural exchange and people-to-people interactions between different countries and regions on the continent.
The Organizing Committee of the Asian World Heritage Image Exhibition has launched candidate solicitation worldwide to invite photographers and video artists as well as photography and filmmaking organizations both at home and abroad to participate in this exhibition.
The notice for invited contributions is as follows:
1. Sponsor and organizer of the exhibition:
Sponsored by: Ministry of Culture and Tourism, P.R. China
Organized by: Beijing Sunny International Communications Ltd.
2. When should you submit:
From March 20 to April 15, 2019
3. Scope of submitted works:
This exhibition focuses on displaying photos and videos:
(1)The subjects of all submitted works shall be World Heritage and Intangible Cultural Heritage in Asia. The content shall neither violate current laws of the People’s Republic of China nor social ethics and moralities commonly recognized by the international community, and shall not involve any controversial topics (The organizing committee of the exhibition reserves the right to the final interpretation of the term “controversial topics”).
(2)Submitted works shall not be award-winning entries at similar exhibitions and competitions.
4. Solicitation details:
(1) This exhibition doesn’t charge participants any fees, and photographers and photography fans from both home and abroad are welcome to submit their works. All contributors are required to provide the following basic information: full name, nationality, organization (if any), e-mail, telephone number and postal address;
(2) All contributors must possess the absolute copyright or authorized copyright of the works they submit;
(3) All submitted works must be original and do not infringe the copyright, portraiture right, reputation right, privacy right, trademark right, trade name right and other rights of any third party. If the work contains any person(s)’ image, a permission statement of the person(s) involved is needed;
(4) The organizer has the right to the unlimited usage of selected works in relevant exhibitions, publications and publicity activities, without the need to pay additional fees to the authors;
(5) The organizing committee of the exhibition has the right to the final interpretation of the terms and conditions concerning contribution solicitation, exhibition, selection, etc.;
(6) All contributors agree to be subject to the aforesaid regulations.
5. Categories and requirements of photographic works:
(1) All submitted photographic works must have the World Heritage and Intangible Cultural Heritage in Asia as the subjects;
- see “World Heritage List” at: whc.unesco.org/zh/list
- see “Intangible Cultural Heritage List of China” at: www.ihchina.cn
(2) All submitted works shall not contain any content related to pornography, violence, racial discrimination, etc.
(3) Submitted photographic works are roughly divided into two categories:
(4) Requirements for submitted photographic works:
- All photographic works shall be submitted in digital format, and both color and black-and-white photos are acceptable;
- Requirements for filename and format:
The filename shall be as follows: country (English abbreviation)_author’s name (Pinyin or English)_title of the photographic work (Chinese or English)
- File format: JPEG;
- Resolution:: 72 dpi, a minimum of 2000 pixels on the longest side;
- File size: More than 1MB and less than 3MB each;
- Color space: SRGB for color photos, -Gamma 2.2 for black-and-white photos;
- This exhibition does not allow any forms of composite images, and the digital photos submitted must retain original EXIF data;
- Any submitted photographic work must be accompanied by information about technical specifications, a brief introduction of its content and the contact information of the contributor (see the “Appendix”);
- Contributors shall be able to deliver the original 300dpi photos they submit in the format of JPEG on time after they are informed that their works are selected as finalists;
- Each person is allowed to submit no more than 30 photos.
6. Categories and requirements of video works:
(1) All submitted video works must have the World Heritage and Intangible Cultural Heritage in Asia as the subjects (* see “List of World Heritage in Asia”);
(2) All submitted video works shall not contain any content related to pornography, violence, racial discrimination, etc.
(3) Submitted video works are roughly divided into two categories:
(4) Length of submitted video works: no longer than 12 minutes each;
(5) Any submitted video works must contain a title sequence, an ending, and closing credits;
(6) Resolution requirement: 720dpi;
(7) File size: No more than 500MB each;
(8) Video format (in any of the three formats listed below):
MP4, MPEG or MOV;
(9) Any submitted video work must be accompanied by a brief introduction of its content and the contact information of the contributor (see the “Appendix”);
(10) Each person is allowed to submit no more than two video works.
7. How to submit:
Please email your works to:
ACTEemail@example.com (applicable to Chinese contributors)
ACTEfirstname.lastname@example.org (applicable to overseas contributors)
(Overseas contributors are suggested to use Foxmail, www.foxmail.com);
Submitted works can also be stored in a USB flash drive and sent to the address designated below.
F/21, Building 12, Wanda Plaza, 93 Jianguo Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Contact persons: Yu Huiling, Jai Yue, Lu Hongjuan
Tel: +86-10-58204991-8025 or 8039
All submitted works will be made into electronic formats according to their categories. The organizer will select finalists via preliminary evaluation and final review, and then number, group and redesign them for exhibition.
(1)Photographic works: 200-250 pieces in total, each granted remuneration of 500 yuan.
(2)Video works: 20-30 pieces in total, each granted remuneration of 500 yuan.
Beijing Sunny International Communications Ltd.
20 March, 2019